Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Caffeine Free Me

I love coffee, I still do I think. I have been trying to limit my caffeine in takes for the past 2 months due to my IBS.

It is such a shame that I have IBS and my bowel reacts badly after I had coffee as there are so many new cafes opening up around my neighborhood and I love conducting meetings with clients and friends over a cup of coffee.

Early this year, I had to meet a witness and we decide to meet at Quar/Tet in TTDI. The aroma of coffee in the quaint cafe was so enticing but I stick to my guns and ordered warm water instead since they do not have decaf coffee.

Anyhow, I must say that I did not suffer from any caffeine withdrawal symptoms. I don't feel sleepy or anything in the morning without coffee. Sometimes I would made myself a mug of decaf Nescafe with a bit of brown sugar. Most of the time. I would just drink warm water since the office is cold.

Nowadays, I have a new favorite that is mint tea. I have a box full of Twinnings Peppermint Tea for awhile and just too afraid to try it. After finding out that it is caffeine free and full of health benefits, I start drinking mint tea in the office after lunch as well as at home after dinner. I must say, I sleep much better at night after a cup of mint tea. Based on my readings, I also found out that drinking peppermint tea allow you to dream more vividly. I just experienced that first hand last night and I must say it is not fun if you are having a nightmare. I dream that I did badly in a court case. I screwed up so bad that we lost the case. Not fun at all.

Another tea that I am thinking of trying is chrysanthemum tea. I never had hot chrysanthemum tea before but I have tried the one in juice boxes. Tad too sweet for my liking. I wonder if I can get real chrysanthemum flowers in KL and brew it as tea. I probably could find it in Chinese herbal shops.

No comments: