Friday, February 14, 2014

Malaysian Traditional Cakes

Since I woke up late and have no time to stop for breakfast, I get myself some traditional cakes from my company's canteen hence the title of the post today.

ketayap
seri muka
kuih lapis
jemput pisang

I am a bit picky when it comes to these small cakes (kueh). Most of the time I wouldn't buy the ketayap because I know its not going to taste as good as my mom's. My mom's ketayap is always big and fat, and the texture is soft and the taste is sweet!

As for seri muka and kueh lapis, I only bought them if they look chewy and sturdy enough, not sticky, gooey and messy. I love buying these nyonya kueh from nyonya colours. Slightly on the pricey side but  the taste is to my liking. Not too sweet.

Jemput pisang or cekodok, it is my all time favourite. Love having them when its raining outside. It can be eaten for breakfast or tea. The thing about cekodok is this. I always have this notion that you just cannot messed up a cekodok recipe. Been trying to make it myself but I'm not proud of the result. It taste like banana of coz but the physical appearance is strange. Almost always they lay flat on the bottom of my fryer. Strange...

Anyhow, this post is just an introduction to my humble breakfast today. I should have avoid gluten but oh well, let's eat away.


No comments: