Thursday, October 19, 2017

Gratitude List No.11 - Living in The Now

Had an awesome day off yesterday. I just realized that when you really make use of your time, you feel like you have so much time when in actual fact its just the usual 24 hours.

I get to do laundry, wake up a bit later than usual, had brunch, went to a cafe for coffee and read and then hit the gym for 1 hour to just sweat. When I got back from gym, i get to prepare my own meal and just chill in front of the tv. A get to retire to bed earlier than normal, get my 8 hour sleep with the help of sleep hypnosis and woke up feeling recharge!

So today is Thursday. Work is flowing as per normal. Had an awesome lunch with colleague, had a friendly banter with my other half and just finish planning for a night out watching movie with one of my colleague.

The topic living in the now is a popular self help topic. I don't really understand it until I had this conversation a moment ago with my colleague. I told her about how my day went yesterday and I feel so satisfied. She is the type of person who worries a lot and spend her Saturday night worrying that weekend is ending and Monday is coming.  I told her that if you want to feel that you have so much time on your hand, go do stuff. She has a different opinion on that regards. According to her, if she spend her day doing things, the day will just flew by and she doesn't get to savour the moment. She would just rather sit and look at the clock knowing that she has all day of not working so that she can fully prepare herself for the work that is coming the next day.

I disagree with how she does things and we agree to disagree because she prefers it that way. I would think that she wasted her time worrying about the next day. She should have just enjoyed the off day by doing all the things she loves doing. That is how you really utilized the time given to you.

I am blessed that I have this knowledge. Wish I could persuade her to agree with me. Slowly...

No comments: