Friday, January 2, 2015

Celebrating Birthday at Masjid Putra, Putrajaya

When I was small and young and still living with my parents, I always celebrate my birthday with the family. My birthday celebration was never a huge thing, but there will be food, birthday cakes and drinks and photos.

As I grew older, being away from family, I try to make it a point to come home and still celebrate it with family especially when my birthday is the same day as the new year. Celebrating birthday with my friends are is a rare occasion but its never too late to start a new tradition right? So, starting from this year, I start to
seek solace in the house of Allah and be among the righteous during my birthday. 

Alhamdulillah, God is most merciful. He grant me another day to live and the opportunity to be among the righteous on my birthday. My housemate, a sahabah and I gather with a few hundreds Malaysians at Masjid Putra, Putrajaya on 31st December 2014. The beautiful masjid organised a beautiful event where muslims could gather and pray and give thanks to Allah. There were also talks by the local ustaz. Two siblings join forces that night and share their knowledge. Ustaz Kazim Alias and Ustaz Najmuddin is a good pair. Entertaining yet very fulfilling. 

Through their lectures, they inspire me to have a different type of new year resolution. A simpler one. To focus on doing good deeds. Through their lectures, I was reminded that Jannah is the ultimate goal. It is the greatest gift of all. Thus the price we have to pay for it is very expensive. Let's do all the good deeds we could. Hopefully, it could help to pay for our ticket to Jannah, insyaAllah. 

That night I manage to secure myself some birthday gifts too... A bottle of kismis and Yassin and Zikir CD to be listen to while driving.


I am grateful to be alive, to be surrounded by those who love and care for me. So this year's resolution is about fulfilling my cravings. My soul craves knowledge. My spirit wants to be with positive and loving individuals. I want to spent more time learning about Allah, Prophet Muhammad SAW, the Quran and everything else about being a Muslim. I want to use the time granted by God to me to help others, to make others smile so that my heart too can smile with them.

I pray that Allah shall guide me to the right path. Help me to become steadfast in my deen and grant me patience when my deen is being tested. Aameen...

No comments: