Thursday, January 22, 2015

2015 Resolutions

Each year, everyone will try to set new resolutions. My friends asked me about my resolutions. I simple told them, I just want to be a better person than I was last year. That's all. Last night I went for a tafseer class. The Ustaz told me that the number of students attending the class will slowly decrease as the years went by. It shows that we are not serious about our knowledge seeking and we do not hold firm to the purpose of knowledge seeking. He reminded us about the purpose of our live on earth which is to be tested. Because of that, I would like to excel in this year's test and stary with having a resolution/plan on how I am going to spend 2015. InsyaAllah...

2 days ago, I was appraised by my superior. Its a yearly thingy. It a good process, in my opinion. It gives us the chance to reflect on what we had done for the past year or so. As 2014 was a trying year for me, my family and also my superior, at the end of the appraisal, we were deeply satisfied that we managed to complete all crucial tasks assigned to us. Alhamdulillah...

We were amazed actually with what we had accomplished. Corporate restructuring, AGM, disposal of land, Safety Day, MashaAllah... there were so many things done and this was accomplished despite the fact that I was admitted for 24 days and I was on hospitalization leave for 60 days!

God is great and Most merciful. With His guidance and blessings we managed to have a great year. So today I am supposed to come up with a list of expectation for 2015. I was supposed to submit it during the appraisal but my initial submission was rejected. My superior would like to know what I am expecting from him as a superior.

It's not that I dislike expectations as it might leave me frustrated it they were not fulfilled, its just that I have learned from my experience that, if you could accomplished something yourself, do it. Don't ask from others. Don't wait around.

Honestly, I have no clue what to tell him. I guess I expect him to be supportive and caring as he has always been. He is a great boss and I could not ask for more. 

Back to my new year resolutions, it consists of a few important matters. First and foremost is my deen. I would like to strengthen my deen by getting more involved in charity works and going to classes. Pray at the masjid as often as I can and read the Quran everyday. Then my family. I would like to be a good and caring daughter. Able to provide emotionally, spiritually and financially for my family. Then my health. I would like to stay lean and fit. Lastly my finance. I would like to be more prudent in managing money.  

I will work out the details in my next post insyaAllah.

No comments: