Friday, June 1, 2018

Rejoining the Gym - Babel Fit TTDI

Its weird that I am updating this blog when I have not done much for the past week in terms of fitness. We are still in the fasting month. The fasting help in keeping my weight in check. if I manage to squeeze in a bit of weight training, it is actually a major bonus for me.

I am not sure why I am thinking of rejoining the gym. So I am writing here just to sort out my thinking process. You know how we, women, could jumble all our thoughts in our big box and got loss in our own thoughts. I don't like to be stuck like that especially if I need to make a decision. So basically this post is my pro and con list.

Before we get to the boring stuff let me just justify (to my self) why I want to re-join the gym:

1. the main, number one reason is that there is this new cool gym open up in TTDI call Babel Fit. Why am I so attracted to this gym? Apart from the gym is located in a cool looking building and the gym is design in a cool yet elegant way, it is also located in TTDI which is the place that I do almost everything. I go to night classes here, I prefer to have my meals here when I dont feel like cooking, there are many cafes if I feel like having coffee and cakes plus it is just a stone throw away from my place.
source: marie claire malaysia website
source: babel.fit instagram

2. it is not that I could not see the fruit of my hard labour slaving at my home gym. i feel like maybe, just maybe my progress could be sped up a little. I am seeing muscles and lines on my abs but I still could not get rid of my abs. I can feel it shrinking alright, I just bought a new pants and I tighten the old ones with a belt. Perhaps I am just a little bit impatient. When I joined a gym, I could see the result within a month. The result is drastic perhaps because I was a bit overweight at that time. Now that I have lost all that excess, the toning is taking a bit more time. Maybe if I join a gym, the toning part can be done faster.

Well I guess, I have just 2 reasons why I want to re-join. Now lets move on to the boring part. Why I should not re-join the gym.

1. Cost
Gym's subscription could get pretty costly. The average monthly commitment is $200 - $250. That is basically 3000 per year.  This point doesn't really matter since I can claim it from my company. Its just that my claim have an annual limit so I might bust my quota if I join a gym with a high monthly commitment. so let me strike this point out for now considering I may not need to subscribe to the gym membership for the whole year.

2. Time.
This is something that I dont have (maybe). If I decide to join, my only free time is after work. I am already committed to the night classes which runs every Tuesday to Thursday at 8.20pm to 10.30pm. If I just go every Friday to Monday, 4 days straight? Its workable. Its still worth it but just that I dont have any rest in between those days la. Can my body take it? I could also go to the gym straight from work then get to class after gym. Its going to be a very short session if like that.I could get there at 6 something, train for 1 hour and then prep for class. Also workable.

In short, I could do it if I wanted to. I can make it work. Depending on how much I want it la kan. Will visit the gyms after raya and see which one fits me.




No comments: