Thursday, August 19, 2021

Gratitude List August (2)


Alhamdulillah. Today is the 2nd day of Muharram. The month of Allah. Yesterday was a public holiday which we spent doing several chores as well as taking an hour walk up a hill nearby our house. It was such a good walk. I get to spend time with my husband simply chatting away. 

Just a few days ago, we received a heartbreaking news of a local celebrity passing away due to Covid 19. The number of death due to Covid 19 has been on all time high but this death was especially amazing because the deceased was pregnant and the doctors manage to save the child. Amazingly, upon the news of her death broke, many videos and other evidence emerge to proof that the Allahyarhamah was an amazing Muslimah, a loyal wife and simply a wonderful person. Everyone was so envious of her death. I pray to be granted a similar or even better circumstances for my own death. Her death serves as a beautiful reminder to all of us. It reminds me of the duá i made when I was in Mecca. I asked Allah for a husband who will take me to Jannah. I aim to be a wife who is loved by my husband, a husband who will keep reminding me of the greatness of Allah. I pray that Allah will invite both of us to visit their Holy lands together. Ameen. Her death also remind us that death does not wait for anything or anyone. Allahyarhamah left behind small children and a husband who loves her so much. Death does not wait for you to grow old, or your children to grow older. When your time comes, you will go. Her death remind me to be a person who people will remember for the goodness inside me, the calmness i bring to them, the assist I give when they are in need. 

A lot of things happened the past few days. I am just grateful that Allah is making it so easy for us in all regards. Alhamdulillah, my works keeps me busy and sane during this pandemic period. I have salary which I get to use part of it for zakat and charity. May Allah increases our rezq so that we get to spend more of it to do charity. I pray that Allah protect us from rezq that is haram for us.

Now I am sitting in front of my tv, with laptop on my lap, typing away all the things I am grateful for. I am waiting for e-mails to come in, meetings to attend and reading a few documents that will be discussed during today's meeting. I long for holidays abroad, visiting new places, learning its history and trying new things. I pray that we will get to share those experience with our children. Right now, I simply filled my mind with youtube videos of people visiting places around their own country. Before the pandemic, the world was borderless. We get to travel freely. Nowadays, borders are close for foreigners/tourists. The only way to visit the other countries now is to watch them on youtube. 

I pray that this pandemic ends soon and we will all learn something out of it.

 

No comments: