Friday, January 6, 2023

Gratitude (Friday - 6 January)

There is so much to be grateful for. Truly. If we spent just a few minutes to think about all our blessings and thank Allah for all of them, it will definitely improve our mood.

Yesterday, I had a fruitful day at work. It was challenging but definitely satisfying. We finally visited Paya Indah Wetlands. Saw the hippos, crocs, tortoises and horses being fed and enjoy Allah's beautiful nature. Beautiful reflection of the sky and the trees during a sunny day. Magnificent view created by Allah. I am so blessed to be able to see it all. 

I went home tired but I get the house to my self since my husband and son were in Putrajaya. I manage to muster what little energy left and cooked a healthy porridge full of veggies and a few dollop of mushroom potage soup. I get to enjoy a bit of a downtime in front of the tv and slept early.

To  my surprise, my husband came home in the wee morning blessed his heart for driving all the way from Putrajaya just to sleep in our bed, by my side. I woke up for fajr and get to read Surah Al -Kahfi before starting the day. I get to cook breakfast for my husband with jazz music playing in the background. 

I went to office feeling fresh, donning a newly bought scarf. I tend to the office plants just to make sure they all get enough sunlight. Now I'm writing this while drinking hot chocolate since the office feels extra cold today.

Its Friday so extra Salawat to our beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW. Been reading a few posts about his characters. He is the best of mankind hence that is why, we should all follow his footsteps. Hopefully, we get to meet him in Paradise. Aameen.. 

No comments: