Friday, July 8, 2022

Creating Magical Moments

I've been watching too much Italian related contents on social media and tv. Last nite, I tried to create my own Italian experience by cooking pasta accompanied by Italian songs playing in the background. Its amazing how your brain can transport you to the place you are thinking of only by using your imagination. 



I felt as if my kitchen is wider, more spacious. The feeling stayed with me until today. Its bewildering how we can trained our brain to perceive things in a different way. The formula is to include feelings together with our thoughts. Grateful, happy feelings are so powerful and able to change the way your brain perceived things all around you. I am so grateful that I own a house that has everything that I love in it.

Whilst I already came to know about the life changing benefit of thinking positively when you couple those thoughts with good feelings, the challenge is really about setting out the time for yourself. Sometimes I feel like 24 hours a day is hardly enough. I'm at work during day time, I need to go home and make dinner afterwards and then set aside some time for physical activity. This can be a real struggle when you are drained after a whole day of work.

Recently I manage to set aside at least an hour at night for a walk or a visit to the gym. I need to be consistent about it. It does feel good after such activity but I need to find balance because the other night, i overworked myself and I felt so lousy the next day. 

Consistency is key but finding the right balance is also as important. Easier said than done. That's for sure. All we can do is just to give our all every single day.

No comments: