Thursday, July 4, 2019

Thoughts

InsyaAllah, I will be entering into a new chapter of my life this coming December. The opening of this new chapter also opens several new ventures that I need to consider. When I say "I" its actually "we" since it will be "our" chapter.

I am feeling slightly overwhelm with the whole thing hence this post. I need to sort out my thoughts so that I do not implode.

Current situation:

Eddy works in Putrajaya. Has kids in Putrajaya and a fully functional (crazy parking space situation) public servant's residence. It takes him almost an hour (46mins to be exact) for him to go to Putrajaya from Damansara (vice versa). He doesn't have a reliable car.

Meanwhile, I am working near my house here in Damansara. But my house is a studio unit which is not suitable to house 2 adults with 2 kids. I have a car, which is old, break down once in awhile but still roadworthy. 

Conundrum:

After we get married, we are "supposed" to live together under the same roof. Since I live near my workplace, it will be easy for me to walk to and fro so it would make sense if Eddy moved in with me. But, since my house is a studio unit, it would not be reasonable for us to keep living in that unit. Where will the kids sleep when they come over? Plus, Eddy has to commute to Putrajaya using my old car. I am not sure how long can the car "tahan" with that sort of mileage every single day.

Initial plan (which is actually "my plan" which will be subjected to many opinions from my mom and concurrence by Eddy)

It would only make sense if I get a house with at least 2 bedrooms in the same building I am currently staying. With regards to the car, it would only be prudent if we change it to a newer more reliable car.

Both plans require new financial obligations which we may not be willing to take on at this moment. The wedding itself requires money (like a lot). It has been paid for (by my parents), but there are a few other small things to compliment the event itself which will come up to almost 10K from my own pocket. I have promised my mom, to transfer to her a fixed sum of money to pay for the wedding. I am not in deficit (yet) but seeing the bills to slowly pile up and my money flowing out of my bank account like tap water is not fun ok.

Let see how this weekend goes.




No comments: