Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Ramadhan Mubarak - Lactose Free Sahoor Ideas

Ramadhan is here once again, alhamdulillah. It is a blessed month that all Muslims has been waiting for. I am pretty excited but a also a bit unsure of what I am going to have for sahoor tomorrow morning.

I used to eat overnight oats and apparently is a go to meal during ramadhan but since i am abstaining from milk and having overnight oats with almond milk don't really cut it for me (in terms of taste), I am researching other options.

Peanut Butter Chia and Flax seeds Sandwich

I would think that this is the quickest and easiest choice. But I am not too sure if it would be fulfilling enough. I may need to supplement it with a protein shake. In fact, I am planning to take 1 serving of protein during sahoor. I am currently in love with Dymatize Cookies and Cream Iso100 Hydrolyze Whey coz it is so yummy. I can also see  my muscle gains after incorporating it in my diet


Eggs Variations

Just because it is super easy to make. Eggs muffins, scrambled eggs on toast with avocado, boiled eggs with salad, french toast, eggs sandwich, omelette

Soups

I can make a huge batch and just freeze them. keep them in small easy to reheat batches. I can add noodles or oats to make it more filling.


Smoothies

Since I am planning to take some protein during sahoor, perhaps I should turn it into a smoothie blend. I can add oats in it and just blend it together so that it becomes more filling. I am not sure how it would taste like if I add fruits in it since the flavour I have now is C&C. I shall experiment!


Ramadhan has always been the month where I experiment with a lot of recipes. If I am not too lazy, I will share them here. 


Ramadhan Mubarak!!



No comments: