Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Savings Habit

I like to think that I am not that good in saving money and that is why last year I force myself to take up ASB loan. I was a little bit dissapointed to find out that the dividend declared this was lower than last year. Nonetheless, I considered that as a bonus to be kept for the future. If I am going to maintain the same amount for at least 5 years, I would have at least 60K in the bank.

I would love to accumulate at least 100K by the time I am 40. I already have a bit of money saved in my tabung haji. I would have enough money to perform haj in a year's time (or so). But now that I am getting married, I would want my husband to follow me for haj. As such, I need to device a plan for him to start saving for haj as well. 

Maybe I could ask him to give me 50 per week. In a month, I would have 200. In a year, he would have at least 2.4k. He would need at least 15k to be able to go with Tabung Haji and 50k if we want to go with a private package. I think my mom used the same method on my dad.

To me it is important to have a clear priority. Focus on what is most important. Find God and the rest will fall into place.

I do have other dreams like a trip to Europe on Christmas time, a honeymoon in Maldives etc. We are just starting out as a family so we need to start somewhere. Let's start right...

Bismillah!

No comments: