Friday, October 13, 2023

Vacation Done Right

My husband and I just came back from a week long trip to Bali (8 nights to be exact). I curated the itinerary and decided to see as much of Bali as possible. As expected, Bali is huge and there are so much to see and do. Its very easy to get caught up in what other people are doing. I was always on Google maps looking for things to do and places to visit. I saw that it is what everyone else is doing too. I was trying to feel as excited about Bali like how my sister is always so passionate when talking about Bali. I guess her vibe is not our vibe.



The whole experience made me wonder. What does an ideal holiday looks like for me?

I tried not to cramped too much activities for this trip but it seems like we felt a bit guilty when we just laze around and spent time on our gadgets instead of exploring or doing something. I feel like i need to define what holiday means for me. Is holiday the same with travel? If we do not enjoy the travel are we still on a holiday? 

A holiday is a time off from work and any responsibilities. That sounds like my typical time on the weekends when the kids are not around. Maybe that is why, holiday for me needs to involve being away from home and preferably on a foreign soil, trying new things. 

I'm not sure of my feelings right now. Do i have to much worldly desire hence I am feeling dissatisfied?  Or is it just my hormone acting up?






No comments: