Thursday, July 26, 2018

What I am Saving For

Saving should be a lifestyle for everyone because it teaches you to be mindful with the money you have. Saving is also something that most people is struggling with including my self because we have so many wants in our life. When I go out for shopping, I find my self googling for the best of everything i need. The best instant coffee, the best setting spray, the best wet wipes, the best air freshener etc (I sound so vain, I know) simply because I can afford them.

But, I want to save some money for other things like travel and buying a property etc.. Facebook memories reminded me that I was in Amsterdam 3 years ago. I remembered the heartbreak of having less than 12hrs to spend in Amsterdam. I am making a vow to return to Amsterdam soon which means I have to save up some money for the journey. I need at least RM 5K for this.

I am also saving for my haj. My mom made me dump a small fortune in there a few months back and I am supposed to consistently increasing the sum. this should be a priority because we are not sure how long we have in this earth. If we do not focus on pleasing our Creator, what do we say on the day of judgement. Can we tell Him that I have other important thing to prepare for? What is more important than preparing for THAT DAY?

But God also create this live to be enjoyed. If not He would just make everything similar to each other. There is no need to explore etc. Since there is so much to look at, to try and explore, we are given the freedom to choose. Choose to be balanced. Prepare for the Hereafter, but also enjoy the present of Today.

Not sure if I am making any sense. But its just my thoughts for now



No comments: