Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Thinking Out Loud


Its been awhile. I had a good conversation with my husband last weekend. But then again, they are just passionate discussion about the current state of Malaysian's transportation infrastructure. I was thinking out aloud as to the many interesting places that tourist can visit in Malaysia if it is being packaged correctly. We have beautiful mosques, historical places and amazing food scenes all over Malaysia. Most tourists would just end up in KLCC and Genting Highlands when Malaysia has so much more to offer.

It gave me the idea to become a tour operator but the traffic condition and transportations options in Malaysia is just not ideal. I could however start small. Cater for a small family instead of a bus load of passengers with fussy needs just to try out. Is this my calling? In hospitality? I'm not hospitable nor warm but I am a traveler and I love Malaysia. When I go through the app WithLocals, i realised that the trait that needed to be a good travel guide is lacking in me. I don't have to be a good travel guide is friendliness, sensitivity and hospitability. I know my strength and weakness. So that's that.

Yesterday, a colleague confided in me and told me that she is considering to take an offer by a competitor. A smaller yet stable competitor. She wants to strengthen her capabilities and gained more experience and just be better. She still has that wants but not me. It makes me wonder, is there something wrong with me for not wanting what she wants?

Its not that I am afraid to make a change. Its just that I feel there is no need for it. I am quite happy where I am. I don't need more than this to be happy. Is it wrong to be contend? My company is one of the best engineering and construction company in Malaysia. I am just happy to be part of the team. 

I guess different person has different need to be happy in life.

No comments: